IZettle were the first to market in the UK with a mobile chip and PIN machine which works with your mobile phone. Worldpay are one of the largest payments processors in the World. Both are currently market leaders in mobile chip and PIN but which offers the best deal for customers?
- Wireless chip and PIN reader that works with an app on your phone or tablet
- No contract.
Similarities and more importantly differences between the two.
|Sign Up||Sign Up|
|Card reader price||£29 + VAT (through link on this website)||£69.99 inc VAT with code FR535817 (£10 discount)|
|Transaction limit||£5K business/ £1,500 individual||£5K|
|Payments over the phone||No||Yes|
|Cards accepted||MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, JCB||Visa, Mastercard, Maestro|
|Receipts||Email or portable/ desktop printer||SMS or bluetooth printer|
|Transaction charges||Pay as you go: 2.75% (decreases after £2K)||Pay as you go: 2.75%/ transaction
monthly: £5.99 + 1.95%/ transaction
|Multiple machines per account||No||No|
|Payments||3 days||4 days|
Both card machines are both manufactured by Muira Systems. iZettle offer a contactless card machine which allows faster payments for small purchases.
In terms of the companies you would naturally place more trust in Worldpay to know the industry. They’ve been trading since 1989 compared to iZettle who are a startup founded in 2010.
WorldPay: Est 1989. Provide face-to-face, online, mail order and regular payments. WorldPay’s Streamline is one of Europe’s leading card payment processors.
iZettle: Est 2010. HQ in Stockholm.
The iZettle app trumps the WorldPay app as you can pre save items in a product library. This makes taking payments more efficient and gives provision for itemised receipts and partial refunds. With the WorldPay app you have to log in every time you want to take a payment too which can be tedious.
- Android and iOS
- Store where you can save products
- view reports within the app, send yourself an email with a pdf attachment for printouts
- refunds done from the app.
- iOS and Android
- Simple app, input payment value and description
- Payment and refund history available
- Receipts, refunds, cash payments.
The account options are better with WorldPay. You may expect their offering to be more robust with the backing of one of the world’s leading payment processors. The big advantage though is the ability to take payments over the phone.
Access in depth statistics
- Search for, review and produce reports on all the payments you’ve taken
- Refund or void payments
- Re-issue and customise receipts
- Take card payments manually over the phone
- Make sure payments have reached your bank account.
- iZettle contactless payments and superious app.
- WorldPay Zinc payments over the phone.