As I write this in March 2014 competition in the mobile chip and PIN marketplace has never been more intense. Early entrants into the market such as iZettle and Payleven have been joined by many more including payment processing behemoths Worldpay, Paypal and Barclaycard. In general the solutions are similar with little to choose between them. You signup, buy a card reader, download the free app on your phone and away you go. A small % is levied on each transaction, typically under 3%.
Payleven £10 Discount with Promotional Code PAYUKTRIAL (through this link)
Some of the processors have introduced a point of difference for instance Intuit Pay offer payments over the phone, Handpoint have enhanced security P2PE for larger businesses. For detailed reviews on many of the handsets and apps please take a look around this website. However if price of the card reader is a key factor I have some great news, Payleven are currently offering a £10 discount using the code PAYUKTRIAL. I can also tell you that at present with the discount the Payleven card reader is the cheapest on the market at £39.99. To get the discount simply visit the Payleven website and enter the code at signup.
If you would like to have a look at the full Payleven review click here, for a potted review see below.
- Free app
- Android and iOS compatible
- Charges: 2.75% per transaction (reduces after £2.5K per month)
- Bluetooth technology
Chip and PIN Reader
- Works within 10m of your mobile phone/ tablet
- Battery lasts around 150 transactions
(PCI DSS level 1). Card data heavily encrypted and is at no point available to the mobile device.
- Account can be accessed from the app
- Searchable sales history
- Pre-load products into the ‘shelves’ and select them from the payment screen (iPad only).
- Receipt can be sent via email or printed out
- Certain mobile printers are compatible with Payleven and can be used to print receipts.
- Transactions are paid weekly on a Friday with a settlement delay of 5 days.
Here’s the promo code again: PAYUKTRIAL. Simply enter at signup for the £10 discount making the card reader £39.99. If you have any questions feel free to contact me via the contact page.